Riverside Baptist Church Child Development Center opened in October 1949 as a half-day kindergarten program. Its name then was Little Friends Kindergarten. The following Spring a full-day day care was added thereby expanding the program to include other preschool ages.
The Riverside Baptist CDC was originally located at the church’s facilities in downtown Miami, near the Miami River. In 1975 it relocated along with the church to its present location in Kendall.
The Riverside Baptist Church CDC continues in the tradition of committing to provide a quality Christian education to the children of families in the Kendall community.