As a ministry of Riverside Baptist Church, the Child Development Center is responsible for providing a quality, Christian, caring, and educational weekday program for preschoolers that is in keeping with the mission, vision, and values of the church (Matthew 18:5-6).
The Center believes that children learn through a variety of experiences (Prov. 22:6), therefore, self-directed and teacher-directed activities are provided that successfully prepare children for further educational experiences.
A trained, Christian, teaching staff is sensitive to the needs of all children regardless of nationality, religion, background or exceptional needs (Romans 12:10). Every effort is made to provide for all preschoolers as long as it is within the Center’s ability to do so and as long as it is within the perimeters of the Center’s mission and philosophy.
We also understand that families of the students are an integral part of a preschooler’s education and development (Psalm 127:3, Deut. 6:6-9, Prov. 4:1-4). Therefore, the school and church strive to provide educational/motivational opportunities and resources to family members.
Our number one priority is a spiritual emphasis. This is accomplished in several ways:
- The pastor influences the school in several ways. The pastor speaks occasionally to the school faculty in order to exhort and remind them that they are working not for men, but for the Lord.
- The Bible is held up as the only absolute truth for faith and practice, it has a direct influence on faculty, curriculum, social practices, and discipline. Each faculty member must agree with our Statement of Faith and be a Spirit-filled follower of Christ, representing God to the Student.
- The Principal influences the spirituality of the school through prayer and devotions with the faculty.
- All teachers must be active church members in a Bible-believing church whose doctrine is comparable to Riverside Baptist CDC’s Statement of Faith.
- Our teachers must believe that God has led them to our school.